Terms and Conditions
- These Offer Terms and Conditions (the “Offer Terms”) are an agreement between you and us. They apply when you successfully apply for an HSBC Premier Credit Card (an “Eligible Card”) from 10 September until 9 November 2018 (the “Offer Period”). These Offer Terms apply in addition to and should be read together with the HSBC Bank Credit Card Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between these Offer Terms and the HSBC Bank Credit Card Terms and Conditions, these Offer Terms will apply.
- In these Offer Terms “we”, “us” or “our” means HSBC UK Bank plc.
Eligibility criteria for the Luxury Overnight Stay Offer
- To be eligible for the Luxury Overnight Stay Offer described below (the “Offer”), the following requirements must be met:
a. you are not an existing HSBC Credit Card holder and have not held a Credit Card with HSBC within the six months prior to the start of the Offer Period. If you are an existing HSBC Credit Card holder upgrading to an Eligible Card, you will not be eligible for the Offer.
b. you must successfully apply for an Eligible Card during the Offer Period.
c. the account for your Eligible Card (your “Credit Card Account”) must be opened and purchase(s) or a balance transfer to the value of at least £1,000 made using the Eligible Card or any additional card held on your Credit Card Account within 30 days of the opening date (a “Qualifying Action”). Any amount which is refunded or reversed before we assess your eligibility for the Offer will not count towards the minimum transaction value.
d. a 1.4% balance transfer fee (minimum £5) will be charged for each balance transferred to an Eligible Card within 60 days of account opening.
e. your Credit Card Account must not be closed before the date the Luxury Overnight Stay is booked as described below.
- Additional cardholders are not eligible for the Offer, though transactions completed by additional cardholders will contribute towards the Qualifying Action minimum transaction value as detailed above.
- You can only take advantage of the Offer once. This means that if you take out more than one Eligible Card and/or more than one Qualifying Action is completed on your Credit Card Account (whether by you or by an additional cardholder), you will only qualify for the Offer the first time you successfully apply for an Eligible Card and a Qualifying Action is completed.
- The Offer is only available to UK residents.
- The Offer is not available to employees of the HSBC Group.
The Offer Period
- The Offer Period is 10 September to 9 November 2018. Any Credit Card applications received after the end of the Offer Period will not qualify for the Offer.
- We may withdraw the Offer before the end of the Offer Period without notice. If we do withdraw the Offer, we will put a notice on our website. Any applications received after we have withdrawn the Offer will not qualify for the Offer.
The Luxury Overnight Stay Offer
- If you meet the requirements set out above, we will send an information pack detailing how to redeem the Offer (as defined below) by Royal Mail to you (the Credit Card Account holder) at the address associated with your Eligible Card within 50 days of the Qualifying Action.
- The Offer entitles you to a one night stay at a participating venue listed on www.premiernightaway.hsbc.co.uk/creditcards (the “Venue”) on a bed and breakfast basis, subject to availability.
- For details of the accommodation the Offer entitles you to, and for how many people (including children and their ages where and if applicable), please contact MLP’s concierge service and they will be able to advise if a family room is available as this will vary by Venue. Children will otherwise be subject to the Venue’s normal children’s rates and reservation policy.
- Information about participating venues shown on the web page referenced at clause 11 is, to the best of our knowledge, correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change.
- The Offer will be fulfilled by The Marketing Lounge Partnership (MLP) on our behalf.
- To redeem the Offer, you must provide MLP with three hotel choices and three date choices. Instructions on how to do this, including a unique booking code you will need to quote, are detailed in the information pack referenced at clause 10.
- MLP’s booking team will check the availability of your selections in choice order. For example, your first chosen hotel will be classed as your preferred hotel. In the event of all three choices being unavailable, the booking team will suggest alternatives.
- Reservations can only be made by the Eligible Card holder qualifying for the Offer via MLP’s concierge booking team on 01565 656491. Any booking or enquiries made directly with the Venue will not qualify for the Offer.
- All stays must be booked with MLP and taken by 16 December 2019. Same day bookings are not available as part of the Offer.
- Your booking will depend on the Venue’s availability in connection with the Offer. The Offer does not apply to reservations during public or bank holiday periods in the UK and Ireland. Availability may be limited during other key periods such as Christmas and New Year.
- Bookings made in connection with the Offer are on a non-transferable basis; rooms are pre-paid and reserved prior to arrival in accordance with the original booking. Any extra nights’ accommodation or room upgrades (e.g. to a Suite/Sea View) or to include additional guests are chargeable and are to be paid at the time of booking, and any subsequent change may be treated as a cancellation. Confirmation of the cost will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Any payment for meals and beverages supplemental to the bed and breakfast basis offered will need to be settled with the Venue at the time of purchase or when checking out of the Venue.
- Your unique booking code can only be used once, for the booking to which it relates, and cannot be used to book any further stay.
- If a booking is cancelled, your unique booking code will become void and no cash equivalent will be offered. MLP will attempt to re-arrange any booking, but this is not guaranteed. Any payments made for room upgrades or meals for the length of your stay may not be refunded.
- Each hotel listed on the web page referenced at clause 11 has confirmed willingness to participate in this promotion. MLP or any associated partner cannot be held responsible for any hotel subsequently declining acceptance of a booking made in connection with the Offer.
- Any booking made in connection with the Offer is subject to the Venue’s own terms and conditions.
- The Offer does not include any additional costs such as the cost of travel to and from the Venue, the cost of any travel or holiday insurance associated with the use of the Offer or spending money, and any such expenses are entirely your responsibility.
- MLP and any associated partner shall not be liable for any failure or breach on the part of the Venue, and accept no responsibility for any loss you may incur as a result, including any damage to property or personal injury whilst on the Venue’s premises and caused by any act or omission by the Venue or any other third party.
- The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount offered either by the Venue or by MLP. If you have also qualified for a Luxury Overnight Stay by opening an HSBC Premier Current Account (which offer is subject to separate terms and conditions), then you can choose to redeem both offers either together (so as to benefit from two consecutive nights away, subject to availability), or on separate occasions.
- We will not transfer balances between cards operated by members of the HSBC Group. Any request to do so will not be processed. The HSBC Group means HSBC UK Bank plc, its subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies and includes first direct, Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc and John Lewis Financial Services Ltd.
- The Offer is not transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- We reserve the right to alter, amend or withdraw the Offer without prior written notice at our absolute discretion.
- We may refuse any application for a product or service.
Please note: To maintain your HSBC Credit Card after you have benefited from this offer, you will need to continue to comply with the HSBC Bank Credit Card Terms and Conditions.