Terms and Conditions
HSBC Premier Luxury Stay Switch Offer Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (the “Offer Terms”) apply when you switch your current account to an HSBC Premier Bank Account in the UK (an “Eligible Account”). These Offer Terms apply in addition to and should be read together with the Current Account Switch Agreement, the Personal Banking Terms and Conditions and the Charges and Additional Product Terms which apply to the Eligible Account.
- You will qualify for the Switching Offer described in these Offer terms if you:
a. apply for an Eligible Account from 2 January 2019 until further notice, and such account is subsequently opened;
b. are not an existing HSBC current account holder on the date of application (and have not been on or after 1 January 2016. Where your Eligible Account is a joint account, at least one of the joint account holders must complete the Switch from either a sole account in their own name or another joint account in the same names.
c. instruct us to start a full switch of a current account, including at least two Direct Debits or Standing Orders, to your Eligible Account using the Current Account Switch Service2 (CASS) to start within 30 days of the date of your Eligible Account being opened. If you are opening a joint Eligible Account both account holders must do this;
d. switch your bank account to us from another UK bank or building society which is outside the HSBC Group that participates in the Current Account Switch Service; and
e. continue to hold an Eligible Account on the date we make the Payment.*
The Premier Luxury Stay Offer
- If you meet the above eligibility criteria, we will send you an information pack detailing how to redeem your Premier Luxury Stay Offer (“The Offer”) by Royal Mail and/or email to the first address associated with your Eligible Account within 30 days of your switch completion date. If you have a Joint Eligible Account, only one address will receive this Offer.
- The Offer entitles you to a one night stay at participating venues, with a choice to add on a tailored package. The packages on offer vary from hotel to hotel and are available at [www.premiernightaway.hsbc.co.uk]. Our agent for this Offer, MLP, will book and provide your Premier Luxury Stay on our behalf.
- We will only make one Offer if you meet the eligibility criteria in clause 2 on the following basis:
a) if you open one Eligible Account in your sole name;
b) if you open one Eligible Account in joint names, we will provide one Offer for that account (we will not provide an Offer per account holder); and
c) if you open more than one Eligible Account (in your sole name, joint names or in a combination of accounts in your sole name and accounts in joint names), we will only provide one Offer for the first time you switch your account to us using the Current Account Switch Service (if this is a joint account this means we will not provide an Offer per account holder).
- To redeem your Premier Luxury Stay Offer, you must provide MLP 3 hotel choices/or packages and 3 date choices. Instructions detailing how to do this are detailed in the information pack.
- MLP’s booking team will check availability of your selections in choice order. For example, your 1st chosen hotel will be classed as your preferred hotel.
- If you choose a package which includes a dining option, any additional meals and beverages other than what is detailed for your chosen hotel, are not included. Any payment for meals and beverages above the provided package will need to be settled with the hotel at the time of purchase or when checking out of the hotel.
- All stays must be booked and taken with MLP by 31st March 2020. Same day bookings are not possible as part of the Offer and can only be redeemed at participating hotels.
- Reservations can only be made by the Eligible Account holder whom the Offer was sent to.
- Bookings can only be made through MLP's concierge booking team on 01565 656491. Any booking or enquiries made directly with a hotel will not be honoured.
- Merlin Entertainments Group provide stays at (Alton Towers Group hotels, Legoland hotels, Chessington World of Adventure hotels, Thorpe Park hotels and Warwick Castle hotels). These are bound by their own Terms and Conditions, which can be found on each hotel listing page.
- Family stays are available at all the specified Merlin Entertainments Group venues. Family rooms do vary from venue to venue, for details on how many people, children and child ages (children are classified as under the age of sixteen years) each venue can accommodate, please see the hotel venue listing page.
- All other hotel venues offer accommodation based on two adults sharing, stays with children at these venues will be subject to each participating hotel’s normal children rates and reservations. Please ask at time of booking and the Concierge Team will look in to this for you.
- Your booking will depend on the hotels’ availability for the Offer which does not apply to reservations that include public or bank holiday periods in the UK and Ireland. Availability may be limited during other key periods such as Christmas and New Year periods.
- Any extra nights' accommodation or room upgrades (e.g. to a Suite/Sea View) or to include additional guests are chargeable and are to be paid at the time of booking. Bookings are made on a non-transferable basis; rooms are pre-paid for and reserved prior to arrival in accordance with the original booking.
- If a booking is cancelled your unique booking number will become void and no monies will be refunded. MLP will attempt to re-arrange any booking, but this is not guaranteed. Any payments made for room upgrades, or meals for the length of your stay may not be refunded.
- If booking more than one night's accommodation up to 100% of any additional nights will be charged. Any changes to your additional bookings may be treated as a cancellation. Confirmation of these costs will be provided at the time of booking.
- Prices for any extra nights, room upgrades and meals, confirmation of these costs will be provided at the time of booking and are subject to change.
- Only one unique booking number can be used per stay.
- Hotels featured and all information is correct at time of this offer going live but may be liable to change.
- Each hotel listed on the webpage referenced in clause 4 has confirmed its willingness to participate in the Offer. MLP or any associated partner cannot be held responsible for any hotel subsequently declining acceptance of a booking using the Offer.
- The terms and conditions of each hotel apply as part of the Offer.
- Any additional costs such as the cost of travel to the hotel, the cost of any travel or holiday insurance associated with the use of the Offer, or spending money is excluded and is entirely at the expense of each individual.
- MLP and any associated partner shall not be liable for any failure or breach by individual hotels and accept no responsibility for any loss suffered by any participant of the Offer.
- The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or discounts generated by either the participating hotels or MLP
- No cash alternatives will be offered to customers eligible for the Offer.
- Without affecting your rights under English law, MLP or any associated partner accepts no liability for loss caused, damage to property or personal injury whilst on the premises of individual hotels, whether caused by the acts or omission of any third party.
- In these Offer Terms “we, us or our” means HSBC UK Bank plc.
- The Offer is not transferable and is only available to UK residents.
- We may withdraw, alter or replace the Offer at any time without notice.
*1 You may hold a first direct and/or M&S Bank current account and still qualify.
*2 Please Note: not all banks participate in CASS; speak to us or your own bank for details.